Andaman Discoveries Blog
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Make a Difference in Marketing and Development for Sustainable Tourism
Andaman Discoveries Seeks Long-Term Volunteer / Intern
|The Andaman Discoveries’ team participates in a teambuilding exercise at Our Jungle House in May 2009.|
Andaman Discoveries is a leader in sustainable travel in Thailand that allows visitors and volunteers to directly support community education, village-led conservation, and cultural empowerment. We are seeking a long-term volunteer and/or intern to join our team.
Our organization provides an opportunity to help in many areas including marketing and program development. If you are self-motivated with a passion for sustainable tourism and community development, then this is the ideal position for you!
Long-Term Volunteer / Intern Position Details:
- Analyze marketing data
- Generate customers for community-based tourism products through promotion to tour operators and independent travelers, both domestic and international
- Work with communities to develop marketable products
- Produce marketing materials
- Conduct media outreach and coordination of promotional visits and familiarization trips
- Help build long-term relationships between community members and customers that will sustain community-based tourism
- Interest in community development at grassroots level
- Experience in the tourism industry and marketing, particularly with community-based or ecotourism
- Excellent communication skills, methodical, organized and flexible for multiple assignments
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as internet research skills
- Ability to work well with others, be creative, and have fun
Start Date: August/September 2009
Length of Contract: Four months minimum (longer commitments are preferred)
Location: Kuraburi, Phang-Nga Province, Thailand
Accommodation: Andaman Discoveries will help find accommodation — many options are available for a variety of budgets. Clean, comfortable bungalows are available for 2,000 baht (£32, US$57) a month.
Financial Compensation: This is not a paid position. Staff can expect to spend around 100 baht (£1.60, US$4) on food a day.
Contact: Please apply online at: www.andamandiscoveries.com/news.internship.html
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]